Mathematics and biology
Survey: perspectives on biology and mathematics
I am currently looking at mathematics education for biology students.
Please help me by taking part in my survey.
- Carter, D.C., Gosden, M.S., Orton, A., Wain, G.T., &
Wood-Robinson, C. (1981) "Mathematics in
biology", Selected topics in biology, Nelson, Surrey
- Kauffman, S.A. (2000) "Investigations", Oxford University
Press, New York
- Phoenix, D.A. (1997) "Introductory
mathematics for the life scientist", Taylor and Francis, London.
Models I have created...
- Modelling responses to uncertainty -
Chapter 8 of my MSc thesis. - August '96. The original model was an
MS Excel spreadsheet, I have the files but they're large (around
600K each) so I haven't included them in my web-space. Please e-mail
if you want more details.
- Abstract model of nutrient cycling in
an ecosystem - created Winter '94-'95. c++ source code and Windows
Links at this site...
Links at other sites...
Last modified 9/5/01