Where to see Fulmars in this area
From mid-January to September they are plentiful around the high cliffs of this coast. In the remaining months they are more
likely to be out at sea - but you still see the occasional bird close to land.
- Ilfracombe - You can see them fly past any part of the coastline but Torrs Walk to the
west or Rillage Point to the east are the best for seeing them nest. You'll need a telescope to see any detail at
the nest sites - they like inaccessible ledges. However you can get good views of the adult birds as they glide
past the cliffs.
- Lundy Island
- Lynton & Lynmouth
- You are virtually guaranteed to see a Fulmar on any of the boat trips on the
- fulmar1b.jpg (400x300 16K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar2b.jpg (400x300 15K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar3b.jpg (400x300 16K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar4b.jpg (400x300 11K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar5b.jpg (400x300 11K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar6b.jpg (400x300 10K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar7b.jpg (400x300 13K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 17/1/04
- fulmar8b.jpg (400x300 9K) Torrs, Ilfracombe 26/2/04 - Frame grab from
640x480 web cam video. Resized to 400x300 to improve picture quality.
Links to other videos