- St Philip's Stone 2014
- Provisioning rates in 2014 Provisioning rate of 0.29 feeds per chick hour
(61 feeds / 214 chick.hours = 1.14 feeds per chick per 4 hours).
- Parental attendance in 2014 Mean time that both parents were at nest site was 20.17% (=46h47m21s/232h00m00s).
There was only one case of a chick being left unattendended by both parents - on 3rd July "Neolithic" was left for 4m34s
after a fight dislodged its parent from the ledge.
- Feeding-trip duration in 2014 31 timed feeds out of 77 (40.26%). Mean duration of timed feeds = 32m55s,
median duration = 23m10s.
- Productivity in 2014 In 2014 there were 16 focal sites on my St Philip's Stone survey ledge. Site H was unoccupied
this year, perhaps due to the severe storms of winter 2013-14. There were 15 active sites and one regular site. 12 sites produced chicks that
either fledged, or were of fledging age (+15days old) when last seen. This gives a productivity of 75%. Of these 12 chicks, at
least one failed post fledging.
- Diet of Common Guillemot chicks
- Common Guillemot